RE: I18N-ISSUE-9: OpenType feature preservation [WOFF]

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:10:49 -0800
To: Christopher Slye <cslye@adobe.com>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
I believe this is what our working group had in mind when we requested this comment:

We are concerned about implementers [...] ignoring OpenType feature support. This advice falls outside the scope of the WOFF spec, but we think that adding to the note at the bottom of section 5 will be very useful in alerting people to this issue.

Such a note can only be advisory, but we thought it might make sense to warn implementers here.

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Lab126)
Chair (W3C I18N, IETF IRI WGs)

Internationalization is not a feature.