Comment on XML 1.0 PER: Editorial update of reference for "BCP 47"

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:56:53 +0900
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
CC: public-i18n-core@w3.org

Hello XML Core Working Group,

the I18N Core Working Group would like to make an editorial comment on
the XML 1.0 PER draft at

in sec. 2.12
the document contains a reference to "BCP 47 or its successor". We would
propose to change this to "BPC 47" (delete "or its successor"), since
BCP 47 represents always the latest RFC used for language
identification. See the same proposal we made as part of a comment on
XML Schema 1.1. at

Please note that in case you just do not have time to do this edit, we
do not regard this issue as critical and would be fine to deal with it
after the PER transition.

Thank you,