Re: Feedback: qa-utf8-bom.en.php *1* [Comments]

Richard Ishida wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/temp.php
>
> I think this has a clearer structure.  Note that I also added links to a
> couple of personal pages I wrote to provide suggested solutions.
>
> Do you think we should go with this new version?

I think the addition of the perl script is good. After reading the first
version  of the page -- and before reading your updated one -- my
thought was "So, show me an example of a script that does this." You
delivered that in the second article. Good.

Something about the very first line of the "answer" section is difficult
to read. I had to read it a couple times to understand:

"If you are dealing with a file encoded in UTF-8, this may be caused by
the presence of a UTF-8 signature (BOM) that the user agent doesn't
recognize."

The word "this" doesn't have a recognizable antecedent. Does the
following phrasing help?

Some user agents don't recognize a UTF-8 signature (BOM) that may exist
in files encoded as UTF-8.

Regards,
John O'Conner