W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2006

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-10-10

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:13:59 +0900
Message-ID: <452BB8B7.1060608@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html and below
as text.

- Felix


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                             i18n core WG

10 Oct 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Oct/0007.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Francois, Richard

   Regrets
   Chair
          Francois

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]ITS review and reply to
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006Ju
            lSep/0174.html
         3. [7]Reply to XML Schema issue from Francois
         4. [8]Discussion of time zone issues
         5. [9]ws i18n comments from Eric
         6. [10]i18n rechartering
         7. [11]any other business
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to write a mail about possibility for SVG
   tiny specific IRI tests to martin and the i18n core list (ONGOING)
   [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]

   Francois: waiting for a reply from Chris Lilley

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to give input to wiki for the LTLI summary
   (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]

   Francois: started on that

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to send his mail on bidi-override scope in
   CSS2 and CSS 2.1 to www-international and the style-list, and copy
   the BIDI-unicode list (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm (PENDING) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to look for possible participants (esp.
   implementors) for the WS i18n work (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

   Felix: made a presentation at the WS-CG, need to do more recruting

ITS review and reply to
[18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006JulSep/017
4.html

     [18]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006JulSep/0174.html

   Richard: we would only reply to the original question, which shoud
   be fine now
   ... I'd just say: fine, close it

   Francois: fine with me as well

   Richard: link to the the place in the document were the changes were
   made

   iri description at
   [19]http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#iri
   -usage

     [19]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/itstagset/itstagset.html#iri-usage

   Richard: IRI section looks o.k.

   Francois: future proove is maybe a problem. If there are changes it
   is easy to loose track of that section and update it

   Richard: better say "RFC 3987 or its successor"

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to change the reference to RFC 3987 to "RFC
   3987 or its successor" and go back to Martin [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]

Reply to XML Schema issue from Francois

   mail from Martin at
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006OctDec/
   0003.html

     [21]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006OctDec/0003.html

   Francois: wait another week for Martin, Felix to ping Martin and
   Mary

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to ping Martin and Mary on the XML Schema
   issue [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

Discussion of time zone issues

   [23]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-owl-time-20060927/#timezone

     [23] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-owl-time-20060927/#timezone

   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Oct/000
   1.html

     [24]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Oct/0001.html

   Francois: Mark said the ontology is too western centric
   ... e.g. durations are not translatable directly between calendars

   Felix: how should the change the ontology model to avoid this
   translation problem?
   ... maybe just tell them the problem, they need to fix it
   ... we could also point them to [25]http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/
   ... our WG note on timezone, e..g with regard to terminology
   ("offest" versus "timezone")
   ... they are also not aware of Olson IDs

     [25] http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/

   <scribe> ACTION: everybody to look for issues in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/ until next call recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/

ws i18n comments from Eric

   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006OctDec/
   0000.html

     [28]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2006OctDec/0000.html

   Felix: just to make you aware of this
   ... no need to follow up

i18n rechartering

   Richard: currently the ws i18n wg is expected to work on ws i18n wg
   and LTLI document
   ... Felix and plh discussed whether the LTLI spec should be in the
   ws i18n WG
   ... I understand the rationale of the idea, it goes into the
   direction to have a general specification WG

   Francois: historically LTLI is based on ws i18n, but if LTLI is
   relevant for other groups as well, we could have it in the same
   group as the charmod specs

   Richard: how about having the "i18n development WG"?

   Francois: I'd prefer "infrastructure", but could live with
   "development"

   Richard: o.k., let's go back to Philippe and discuss

any other business

   Felix I will attend the XSL-FO workshop next week in Germany

   Francois: we want to give input, would be good to get a summary of
   the workshop, if available

   Felix: I will take care of that

   adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: everybody to look for issues in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/ until next call recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to change the reference to RFC 3987 to "RFC 3987
   or its successor" and go back to Martin [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to ping Martin and Mary on the XML Schema issue
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/TR/timezone/

   [ONGOING] ACTION: Felix to look for possible participants (esp.
   implementors) for the WS i18n work [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]
   [ONGOING] ACTION: Felix to write a mail about possibility for SVG
   tiny specific IRI tests to martin and the i18n core list [recorded
   in [34]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
   [ONGOING] ACTION: Francois to give input to wiki for the LTLI
   summary [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]
   [ONGOING] ACTION: Richard to send his mail on bidi-override scope in
   CSS2 and CSS 2.1 to www-international and the style-list, and copy
   the BIDI-unicode list [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]
   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [38]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([39]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/10/10 15:12:00 $

     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 10 October 2006 15:14:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:51 GMT