W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > April to June 2006

[I18N Core] Teleconference Minutes 2006-04-04

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:35:44 +0900
Message-ID: <44332D00.6050209@w3.org>
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
... are at http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html

and below as text.

- Felix



   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                        i18n core working group

4 Apr 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0009.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Felix, Francois, Mary, Richard

   Regrets
   Chair
          Francois

   Scribe
          Felix

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]ws i18n republication schedule
         3. [7]charmod resid progress
         4. [8]LTLI / RFC 3066bis project review
         5. [9]Voice XML and charmod (fundamentals)
         6. [10]ws addressing review
         7. [11]ws i18n update
         8. [12]Voice XML and charmod (fundamentals)
         9. [13]other business?
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   last minutes: [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2006/03/28-i18ncore-minutes.html

action items

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to make regular call 1 hour earlier (talk to
   zakim)(DONE) [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to talk to Martin on IRI tests (DONE)
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01x]

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary to look at WS Addr (PENDING) [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: felix to go trough LTLI within the next 2 weeks
   (PENDING) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]

   felix: hope to have this done next week (again)

   <scribe> ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm (ONGOING) [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws i18n (PENDING) [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]

   <scribe> ACTION: Richard to go through the xml:lang CDR review issue
   (DROPPED) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]

ws i18n republication schedule

   felix: got feedback that we should slow down publication of this
   ... i.e. not before May, better June

charmod resid progress

   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/000
   6.html

     [23]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0006.html

   Felix: mail from Martin
   ... we need an implementation report for resid

   Richard: charmod needs implementation in specs

   Francois: for resid, you have to show that browsers or servers to
   the right thing

   Felix: do we then have to write an implementation report?

   Francois: in the resid spec, there are four requirements
   ... we require a test suite, but the document places requirements on
   spec
   ... the document is just a wrapper on the IETF IRI spec

   Richard: conformance criteria are just about specs

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to find out where the tests from Martin are
   located [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to find out what we need in the IRI
   implementation report [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]

   Francois: We did require a test suite
   ... what we could do is an implementation report related to specs

   Felix: how many specs cite charmod resid?

   Francois: they don't need to cite it, just be compliant

   [[C061 [S] Specifications that define new syntax for URIs SHOULD
   also define the normalization requirements for the syntax they
   introduce.]]

   Richard: we left that in there because we are not defining what the
   normalization requirements are
   ... so we are fine with this

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix to write an implementation report on charmod
   resid [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]

   <fyergeau_> [27]http://www.w3.org/2004/11/charmod-implementation/

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2004/11/charmod-implementation/

LTLI / RFC 3066bis project review

   Felix: I asked Addison if he could participate in a project review
   about RFC 3066bis

   Richard: when will he do that?

   Felix: in the next months

   Richard: we have to figure out some things
   ... and it should be after the matching part is finalized
   ... I am writing s.t. about the first part part of RFC 3066bis
   ... for the www conference, and to put on the i18n site

Voice XML and charmod (fundamentals)

ws addressing review

   mary: I'll get to it this afternoon

ws i18n update

   mary: It looks like it makes sense
   ... it will not be a 100 page document (like the security document)

Voice XML and charmod (fundamentals)

   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/000
   5.html

     [28]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0005.html

   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/001
   1.html

     [29]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0011.html

   Richard: I don't understand the DTMF part

   <r12a> i don't think *Max* understands the DTMF part

   Francois: there seems to be some misunderstanding

   [[Here's an analysis of why I recommend we do not mandate nor

   recomment compliance to CharMod Fundamentals in VoiceXML2.1.

   ]]

   <scribe> ACTION: everybody to look at the mail at
   [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/001
   1.html [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action10]

     [30]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0011.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Felix ask Max if he can join next week's i18n core
   call [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action11]

   Richard: what will the TAG discuss?

   Karl's tag action item:

   [[Karl to bring to the TAG the relationship between charmod and

   XML as large and its implications on specification development

   ]]

   [[The question seems to be if all future Technologies defined in W3C

   Specifications MUST conform or not to Charmod.

   A related question is for the specifications themselves.

   ]]

   Richard: the tag question is a general question, different from Max'
   issues
   ... as we developed charmod, we had something in the conformance
   section saying "all new W3C specs MUST refer to it"
   ... Tim and others pushed back, so we took that out
   ... in the hope that other specs would refer to charmod
   ... Francois, is this the result?

   Francois: I don't recall anything else

   <r12a> [33]http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/

     [33] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/

   [34]http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#no-charset

     [34] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#no-charset

   Richard: that means "don't look at the http header"

   Francois: that stuff breaks all the time

   <r12a> correction: that means "don't declare the encoding in the
   http header for xhtml"

   <scribe> ACTION: all to look at the TAG issue, and intercept Karl
   [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action12]

   Felix: should we take over from Karl?

   Richard: I don't think so
   ... it will take some time from us
   ... we should not make a huge deal of it

other business?

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: all to look at the TAG issue, and intercept Karl
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: everybody to look at the mail at
   [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/001
   1.html [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix ask Max if he can join next week's i18n core
   call [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to find out what we need in the IRI
   implementation report [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to find out where the tests from Martin are
   located [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Felix to write an implementation report on charmod
   resid [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING] ACTION: felix to go trough LTLI within the next 2 weeks
   [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Francois to build a current issues list on charmod
   norm [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action04]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mary to look at WS Addr [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action02]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mary will make the updates discussed in Mandelieu
   on ws i18n [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to make regular call 1 hour earlier (talk to
   zakim) [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Felix to talk to Martin on IRI tests (DONE) [recorded
   in [48]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action01x]
   [DROPPED] ACTION: Richard to go through the xml:lang CDR review
   issue [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-i18ncore-minutes.html#action06]
   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________

     [37]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2006Apr/0011.html


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [50]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([51]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/04/05 02:34:03 $

     [50] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [51] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Received on Wednesday, 5 April 2006 02:35:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT