Re: Comments from the I18N Core WG on XLink 1.1

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:26:30 +0900
To: "Norman Walsh" <Norman.Walsh@sun.com>
Cc: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

Hello Norm,

Thank you very much for your responses! Just a minor reply to one of them.

>> 10 Appendix C
>>
>> The hrefTypein the XML Schema and the href.att pattern in the RELAX NG
>> schema are defined in terms of xs:anyURI. Please add a note that
>> anyURI in its current version does not support the escaping rules of
>> RFC 3987.
>
> Hmm. I thought that was addressed in the XML Schema definition of
> xs:anyURI.

XML Schema references the escaping procedure of XLink 1.0, cf.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#anyURI
So users of your example RELAX NG and XML Schema documents might not be
aware that this doesn't give them the escaping from RFC 3987.

Best,

Felix