W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-i18n-core@w3.org > October to December 2005

I18N Core 2005-10-11 Minutes

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:49:13 +0900
To: "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.syhnkbk3x1753t@ibm-60d333fc0ec.mag.keio.ac.jp>

Hi,

The minutes of today's meeting are at

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html

And attached to this mail.

Best,

Felix

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                  i18n core wg

11 Oct 2005

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Francois, Mary, Richard, Felix

    Regrets
           Addison, Karunesh, Vijay

    Chair
           Felix

    Scribe
           Felix

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda/Action Items/Announcements (5 minutes)
          2. [5]CSS 2.1 response [$1\47] (10 minutes)
          3. [6]LTLI (5 minutes)
          4. [7]WS-I18N (5 minutes)
          5. [8]CharMod Normalization, IRI, etc. (10 minutes)
          6. [9]Other business
      * [10]Summary of Action Items

      _________________________________________________________________

    1. Agenda/Action Items/Announcements (5 minutes)

    2. CSS 2.1 response [$1\47] (10 minutes)

    3. LTLI (5 minutes)

    4. WS-I18N (5 minutes)

    5. CharMod Normalization, IRI, etc. (10 minutes)

    6. Other business

Agenda/Action Items/Announcements (5 minutes)

    fs: transition request for time zone wd (done)
    ... time zone note

    fs: still have to write request chard mod norm (pending)

    other pending action items:

    FS: Create xml:lang Wiki page

    AP: send email to WSCG about TP meeting

CSS 2.1 response [$1\47] (10 minutes)

    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0000.html

      [11]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Oct/0000.html

    Mail from Bjoern H.:
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005AprJun/0050

      [12]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2005AprJun/0050

    AP: "I suggest that we hold the line on this item and threaten to  
object to
    their exit from CR if they don't include IRI. "

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to contact martin about css and IRI [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to write to css wg that we consider a response to
    this comment [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

LTLI (5 minutes)

    Fs: still have to continue work on that doc

WS-I18N (5 minutes)

    Mary: started integrating comments from IBM
    ... AP and I will meet on Thursday about that
    ... same time as this meeting
    ... everybody who is interested can join us
    ... it is set up on alternate weeks
    ... IBM wants us to take a look at ws policy
    ... they are mostly security oriented
    ... ws-security policy have they done for quite some time

    FS: also i18n related security issues?

    Mary: no, only a framework, then domains
    ... now they have security, and they then would have a ws-i18n domain
    ... that is the direction they will work with, possibly with Microsoft

CharMod Normalization, IRI, etc. (10 minutes)

    Francois: want to add some additional language to "grandfather" what XML
    does
    ... hope to have more time in the next weeks
    ... for charmod norm
    ... now it says you must verify normalization or have late normalization
    ... xml has decided to do char-for-char or byte-for-byte comparison  
e.g. for
    start and end tags
    ... which will fail without normalization

Other business

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Felix to contact martin about css and IRI [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Felix to write to css wg that we consider a response to  
this
    comment [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/11-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]

      _________________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version 1.127  
([18]CVS
     log)
     $Date: 2005/10/11 15:44:49 $

      [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 11 October 2005 15:50:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 October 2008 10:18:50 GMT