XHTML2 review - Please check

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:49:33 -0000
To: <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, "i18n IG" <w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org>

I have updated the table of review comments at

http://www.w3.org/International/2004/10/xhtml2-i18n-review.html

Please check the text and tell me whether I can send to the HTML group.

You should check, in particular, comments 38a to the end plus any other comments with a number followed by a,b or c.

Also: When I spoke with Steven Pemberton a few days ago, he said why don't we request that xml:lang be mandatory on the html tag.  Perhaps we could discuss this at the next meeting. Of course, the sticking point would be where you have a mulilingual document. However, may be better to think of an appropriate value for such documents rather than simply abandon the possibility of solving once and for all the problem of people not marking up documents with language information.

RI

Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info: