Re: Ruby: Requirements and prioritization

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:28:29 +0900
To: "CJK discussion (public-i18n-cjk@w3.org)" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Cc: (wrong string) ‘ˆˆ <bobbytung@wanderer.tw>
> By the way, we produced a set of requirements for Japanese at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/jlreq/ and I'm currently working with some Korean
> experts to produce something similar for hangul.  I have heard about an
> initiative to produce a similar document for Chinese, but I'm not sure about
> its current status. Perhaps the bopomofo ruby requirements could be added to
> that, or perhaps they could be developed in isolation. Bobby or Murata-san,
> do you know of a group of typographic experts who would be interested in
> producing such a document?  I'm sure the Internationalization WG at the W3C
> would be happy to publish it as a W3C Note alongside our other documents.

I am happy to forward your mail to my colleagues in Taiwan.

Here is what the EGLS sub-group of IDPF EPBU WG has
collected.

EGLS Taiwanese requirements
http://epub-revision.googlecode.com/files/EGLS_TW_eng.ppt

Bopomofo Ruby (Zhuyin Fuhao) (in EGLS requirement list)
http://code.google.com/p/epub-revision/wiki/EGLS_requirement_list#Bopomofo_Ruby_(Zhuyin_Fuhao)

Ruby Positioning (in EGLS requirement list)
http://code.google.com/p/epub-revision/wiki/EGLS_requirement_list#Ruby_Positioning

I got the following URLs from Pang, Sophie.

Textbooks in Taiwan
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/godblessing-free/article?mid=-2&prev=12227&l=a&fid=10

Trade Children books in Taiwan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48267219@N04/4424480260/in/set-72157623473462601

Can we make it, this one? I do not think so.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48267219@N04/4424480030/in/set-72157623473462601

Regards,
Makoto