Re: Ruby: Requirements and prioritization

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:28:29 +0900
To: "CJK discussion (public-i18n-cjk@w3.org)" <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
Cc: (wrong string) ‘ˆˆ <bobbytung@wanderer.tw>
> By the way, we produced a set of requirements for Japanese at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/jlreq/ and I'm currently working with some Korean
> experts to produce something similar for hangul.  I have heard about an
> initiative to produce a similar document for Chinese, but I'm not sure about
> its current status. Perhaps the bopomofo ruby requirements could be added to
> that, or perhaps they could be developed in isolation. Bobby or Murata-san,
> do you know of a group of typographic experts who would be interested in
> producing such a document?  I'm sure the Internationalization WG at the W3C
> would be happy to publish it as a W3C Note alongside our other documents.

I am happy to forward your mail to my colleagues in Taiwan.

Here is what the EGLS sub-group of IDPF EPBU WG has

EGLS Taiwanese requirements

Bopomofo Ruby (Zhuyin Fuhao) (in EGLS requirement list)

Ruby Positioning (in EGLS requirement list)

I got the following URLs from Pang, Sophie.

Textbooks in Taiwan

Trade Children books in Taiwan

Can we make it, this one? I do not think so.