EPUB requirements and options

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 19:16:39 +0100
To: <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
[forwarded on behalf of Makoto Murata]

... I am the coordinator of the Enhanced Global Language
Support sub-group of the IDPF EPUB 3.0 WG.  The requirement list
is available at

http://code.google.com/p/epub-revision/wiki/EGLS_requirement_list

The relationship between EPUB 3.0 and HTML5/CSS3 is being discussed at

http://code.google.com/p/epub-revision/wiki/CSS3Relations
http://code.google.com/p/epub-revision/wiki/TextContent_HTML5Relations

E-book has to simulate trasitional publishing reasonably well.  As a
result, EPUB has to proide what HTML5/CSS3 does not provide yet.
We have to choose some of the options shown in the above discussion
documents.  Comments from the I18N WG are very welcome.

Cheers,
Makoto