Re: Bidi, HTML5 and CSS3, test bidi-html5-019

On 3/19/2012 4:42 PM, fantasai wrote:
> I used to think that, too. But the problem is that that would be
> inconsistent with the way plaintext works. Right now the end of the
> paragraph is basically infinite PDFs. If we transform a piece of
> plaintext to HTML via <pre>, it should continue to behave the same
> way; introducing smart re-opening would break that.

As it the risk of misinterpreting what you have in mind; either:

- the <pre> is in its own, and there is nothing to reopen, so reopening
is not a problem

- the <pre> is under the influence of a
unicode-bidi:embed/bidi-override, in which case the each paragraph in
the <pre> text may be affected by that unicode-bidi:, so you are in
trouble before considering reopening.

It seems to me that if you want a <pre> wrapping a plain text to behave
just like that plain text, you have to unicode-bidi:isolate it.

Eric.