Re: [html-bidi] Any bidi requirements for MathML (or MathMl in HTML)?

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin
<aharon@google.com> wrote:
>> Some mathematicians still need to write formulas with Arabic letters, e.g.
>> for publications.
>
> What happens when a formula, intended to be displayed left-to-right happens
> to have two RTL variable names around an operator?

It seems to me there is a convention in symbol usage in mathematics.
"a", "b" are symbols (not letters) and are used  likewise in arabic
where appropriate. RTL scripts are never used as symbols in
mathematics to my knowledge.

This is verified for math teaching in Tunisia (arabic speaking country).

--
Slim Amamou | سليم عمامو
http://alixsys.com