Re: Comments on HCG draft charter

On Tuesday, March 8, 2011, 5:50:40 PM, Arthur wrote:

AB>   I just scanned the HCG's draft         charter
AB> <http://www.w3.org/2011/02/HCG/charter.html> and         have some comments:
AB>
AB>  1. The WAF and WebAPI WGs were closed two years ago.

Oops, yes of course.

AB> As such,
AB> please delete them from the HCG and replace them with an entry     for WebApps, e.g.:
AB>
AB>  [[
AB>  <dt class="public"><a
AB> href="http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/">Web Applications         Working Group (WebApps)</a></dt>
AB>
AB>  <dd>The mission of the Web Applications (WebApps) Working
AB> Group is to provide specifications that enable improved
AB> client-side application development on the Web, including
AB> specifications both for application programming interfaces
AB> (APIs) for client-side development and for markup vocabularies
AB> for describing and controlling client-side application behavior.   </dd>
AB>  ]]

Done

AB>  2. Given there is no longer any direct work between OMA and W3C,
AB> remove OMA from the list of liaisions.
AB> If there is no active
AB> liaison work between W3C and 3GPP and OASIS, perhaps they should   also be deleted.

Done (and 3GPP and OASIS).

AB>  3. Given ECMA's interest in Web IDL, add ECMA to the list of     External Groups.

Done

AB>  4. Rather than explicitly identify some of the W3C Groups as
AB> "(Public)" (and some are missing that tag such as WebApps),
AB> perhaps tagging should just go the hopefully very small set of
AB> WGs that are still Private/Member.

No.

I agree that it looks redundant given that so many are Public.

The point being made here (given that this is the first time HCG will be chartered as Public) *is* that the vast majority of groups coordinated are Public.

(And, WebApps is listed as public, since I pasted in your suggested text and they weren't listed before).

AB>  5. Change the following text in the Communication section as
AB> follows so it is consistent with the CG's Public Confidentiality   designation:
AB>
AB>  s/This group primarily conducts its work on the Member-only
AB> mailing list w3c-html-cg@w3.org (archive)./This group primarily
AB> conducts its work on the Public mailing list
AB> public-hypertext-cg@w3.org (archive)./

Yup, that text was carried over from the old charter. Good catch, now fixed.

Thanks for your review, Art.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG