RE: Hydra adapter for Ruby Oat serializer library

On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:51 PM, Paul Mackay wrote:
> Thanks Markus,
>
> In general, what do you think about APIs offering different ways to
> serialise content which could be determined by Accept headers, as
> opposed to an API just providing one approach to serialization? Is
> that kind of thing important for growing Hydra acceptance in your
> view?

Definitely. I think the more tooling we can provide, the better. Most people actually don't want to think about things like API standards, serialization formats etc. They want to concentrate on their application domain and increase the value their APIs provide. While we are at a mostly OK'ish tool support server side, lots still needs to be done client side. We need to move to a state where developers can use a single, high-quality client-side library to access all the APIs they need to interact with.

Btw. could you please officially join the Hydra W3C Community Group? See

  http://www.hydra-cg.com/#community

Thanks,