RE: Hydra adapter for Ruby Oat serializer library

Thanks Markus,

In general, what do you think about APIs offering different ways to serialise content which could be determined by Accept headers, as opposed to an API just providing one approach to serialization? Is that kind of thing important for growing Hydra acceptance in your view?

thanks

--
Paul Mackay

On 18 January 2016 at 20:11:53, Markus Lanthaler (markus.lanthaler@gmx.net) wrote:

On Monday, January 18, 2016 5:54 PM, Paul Mackay wrote:
> I’ve got a rough initial version of a Hydra adapter working for the
> Ruby Oat serializer library here:
>
> https://github.com/pmackay/oat_hydra

Awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing

> The Oat library (https://github.com/ismasan/oat) provides hypermedia
> support for Ruby, serializing JSON in different formats and currently
> supports HAL, Siren and JSON API. I quite like the idea that
> (accounting for limitations) clients can request the format they want.
> Interested to know what others think about that approach.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that library (and I'm not a Ruby programmer btw. so I don't know too much about the Ruby ecosystem)

> I still need to do more testing and look at things like paginated
> collections (which is being reviewed in Hydra anyway), operations,
> context and generating ApiDocumentation objects, but quite a bit of
> those are Hydra/JSON-LD specific.

Coo, please keep us posted.