RE: Replace hydra:Error with application/problem+json

On 26 Sep 2015 at 13:15, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
> +1 that we should attempt to integrate with problem+json as close as
> possible.

While I generally agree that integrating different standards is desirable and worth the effort, I struggle to see the advantages in this case. application/problem+json and JSON-LD/Hydra have completely different processing models, so just making there structure and property names look the same (which in JSON-LD you can't guarantee that anyway) doesn't change much.

I don't expect there to be that many clients that will understand problem+json but not Hydra and interact with a Hydra-powered Web API... or vice versa for that matter. So I'm not sure I understand the "problem" we are trying to solve here. For those reasons, I don't think it makes sense to delay the publication of problem+json any further. Let it be published and we will see whether it will be adopted. If not, we don't have to think about alignment anymore. If it will be widely adopted, we still have the luxury to be able to change Hydra.