Re: JSON-LD + Hydra for a simple API-description

Dietrich,

thank you very much for the detailed explanations so far.

at the moment I have one question left :

what's the semantics of the "hydra:manages" - parts
in the entry-ressource and the reply-resource you proposed ?

it reads :

 "hydra:manages": {
   "hydra:property": "makesOffer",
   "hydra:subject": {"@id":"http://www.strato.de/corporation"}
  }

I suppose it means something like : "this collection manages properties
of the subject 'http://www.strato.de/corporation' which are of type
'makesOffer'".

at least, that seems to be the meaning in case of the reply-ressource.
in case of the entry-ressource it seems to mean something slightly
different : "the entity that's returned by searching the site using the
teplate-url is a collection of properties of the subject
'http://www.strato.de/corporation' which are of type 'makesOffer'"

(I'm still struggling to understand Hydra/JSON-LD and the whole
hypermedia-API stuff, so the question might seem strange)

thanks again !

best regards,
jean-gert

--

E-Mail nesselbosch@strato-rz.de
Website www.strato.de

STRATO AG  |  Pascalstraße 10  |  10587 Berlin

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Vicente Vento
Vorstand: Dr. Christian Böing (Vorsitz),
Christoph Steffens, René Wienholtz
Amtsgericht:Berlin Charlottenburg HRB 79450