RE: Link relation type to link to discover LDP

On 23 Jun 2015 at 23:42, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> Do you see any problems with going down that route?
>
> I don't see technical problems using blank nodes as identifiers.
> We will need to explicitly mention this in ExplicitRepresentation though.

What exactly needs to be mentioned?

> It just makes things a little harder to explain and understand TPF, but
not impossible.
> Blank nodes in their usual meaning are not interesting for TPF interfaces
anyway.

Right.

Btw. when was this feature introduced? Somehow I completely missed that. I
still had the max. 8 static views on a given triple (fixed value/arbitrary
value for each triple component) in mind which isn't true with this anymore.

> For instance, suppose that a TPF interface gave a response containing
>     _:x a foaf:Person.
> then there is no way to get more information about _:x,
> because this blank node identifier is only valid in the scope of the
response
> (and thus means something different in the next request).
> This is why, in responses, a TPF interface replaces blank nodes by
well-knowns URIs.
> An example is at
http://data.linkeddatafragments.org/.well-known/genid/ugent-biblio/B1.

How do your clients deal with servers that return blank nodes nevertheless?

> Does anybody see issues with using blank nodes to query patterns such as
>    _:x foaf:knows _:y

I'm fine with it but I'm wondering whether this should still be called TPF
or whether it should be a separate LDF interface.