RE: federated client released

On 24 Jun 2015 at 16:09, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> If people ask you whether a Hydra client exists that can use multiple APIs
at the same time,
> here it is: http://client.linkeddatafragments.org/
>
> Starting version 1.3.0, the Triple Pattern Fragments client supports
federated SPARQL
> queries. This means that the client uses multiple interfaces to find an
answer to a query. For

Very cool! This really shows the power of LDF.

> example, the query in http://bit.ly/cubist-works uses an API on
fragments.dbpedia.org and
> on data.linkeddatafragments.org. Any TPF API can be added.

Could you elaborate a bit on what exactly the client supports. For instance,
what parts of the SPARQL Federated Query spec [1] are supported? Also, it
seems like FROM statements are not supported but instead you have to supply
the datasources separately. Do you plan to change that? Would be nice if the
queries could be made self-contained.

On 24 Jun 2015 at 16:52, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2015 at 16:50, Luca Matteis wrote:
>> Have you thought about a triple pattern fragments interface that is
>> exposed using WebSockets rather than HTTP? On the server it would be
>> the same amount of work (just matching triple patterns), while on the
>> client, it could be less resourceful since you'd instantiate a single
>> request (rather than one for each pattern).
>
> I hadn't thought about WebSockets yet,
> but I was thinking about HTTP/2.
> I assume that there would be large benefits there as well.

I agree. HTTP/2 should improve efficiency quite a bit. Please share the
results if you try it.

Again, awesome work!

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-federated-query/