Re: Call for consensus on defining IRI template expansion (ISSUE-30)

From: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:29:07 +0200
Cc: "public-hydra@w3.org" <public-hydra@w3.org>, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net>, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
To: Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl>
> I feel like these decisions are a little bit out of scope for Hydra itself.

As a client, I need to know how to use the URI template
before I can make an API request. Seems necessarily in scope to me.

> Is there no such proposal elsewhere?

I haven't seen any, no.

> The value could then simply be a turtle-formatted RDF object. Even with
> the angle brackets to be consistent.

And also with escaping?

> Though I would not allow prefixed URIs.

Would be difficult indeed if no prefixes are agreed upon
(and it's probably better not to).

> However your initial question was more about how Hydra should define
> what is the parameter and not how to put it there. I think this should
> be the focus.

Both are needed for a client to work.