Re: Call for consensus on defining IRI template expansion (ISSUE-30)

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Ruben Verborgh
<ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:
>> I feel like these decisions are a little bit out of scope for Hydra itself.
>
> As a client, I need to know how to use the URI template
> before I can make an API request. Seems necessarily in scope to me.

Necessary to make a request, yes. But it's not something tied to
descrpition of a hypermedia API strictly speaking. For me it's an
implementation detail. Whereas the semantics behind a template
parameter mapping aren't.

>> Is there no such proposal elsewhere?
>
> I haven't seen any, no.
>
>> The value could then simply be a turtle-formatted RDF object. Even with
>> the angle brackets to be consistent.
>
> And also with escaping?

For simplicity's sake yes. Though I'm not strongly in favor of angle
brackets and will certainly not miss them here. Especially with the
assumption that only absolute URIs would be allowed.