Re: relate a Collection and a PagedCollection

On 4/27/14 4:45 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:

>> >Converting to JSON-LD when discussing semantics is back to front. At the very least print JSON-LD and Turtle if you want many eyes to look at your examples. I thought we established this practice a while ago.
>> >
>> >JSON-LD (like RDF/XML) obscures entity relation semantics.
> In fairness, Markus was providing an alternative to the Turtle which was given earlier in the message stream. I think, given the subject of this list, that some people may be more comfortable with JSON-LD, and it may better reflect actual message content, as it's not always clear what the HTTP body boundaries are with Turtle. My original Turtle follows:
>
> </collection> a hydra:PagedCollection;
>   hydra:member <1>, <2>, ...;
>   hydra:nextPage </collection?page=2>;
>   hydra:pageOf </collection#dataset> .
> <collection#dataset> a hydra:Collection;
>   hydra:totalItems 243;
>   hydra:itemsPerPage 10;
>   hydra:firstPage </collection>;
>   hydra:lastPage </collection?page=24> .
>
> While I also prefer Turtle when talking about the model, I can't say I really see how the JSON-LD obscures the ER semantics, given the properties used in the Hydra vocabulary are implicit in this conversation.
>
> Gregg

It is unnatural to look a modelling using JSON-LD or RDF/XML. I don't
see any circumstance in which JSON-LD only representations or entity
relation semantics leads to broad participation and comprehension of
these discussions.

Can we not get beyond the distractions of syntax when discussing
semantics? I am only asking for JSON-LD and Turtle based examples, not
one of the other.

BTW -- don't you think property definitions should be explicit when
discussing semantics? All you do is use the URIs that denote the
relationship properties in question and email readers can just click to
de-reference and comprehend. Otherwise, the audience (eyes and minds)
will be narrow and the output will simply get derailed at later stages
in the process, which isn't what we want here.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO