Re: ARIA use in HTML other than for accessibility.

Hi Rich,

thanks for your reply, I think we may be talking at odds here,
because I was not specific enough:

I don't see a problem with other technologies making use of the information
provided via ARIA (for accessibility purposes), for more general purposes,
but the addition of ARIA semantics by developers should not be *driven* by
use cases other than for adding useful information about the UI to directly
aid user interaction.

Thus adding ARIA to HTML for Semantic Web purposes is a paradigm that needs
to be be actively discouraged. For example use of ARIA semantics to add
metadata for RDF processing purposes.

--

Regards

SteveF