Re: ARIA use in HTML other than for accessibility.

I have not looked at what they are looking to do with Semantic  Web and
ARIA but if they break accessibility interoperability with ATs that is a
huge problem.

For example, if a new role is added that is not understood by ATs, or
changes the meaning of what exists for ATs, it has the potential of
breaking accessibility.

Rich Schwerdtfeger