Re: Issue: HTML5.1 / media provider object, initialize id, kind and label

On 24 Jun 2015 9:04 pm, "Stefan Håkansson LK" <
stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

> On 24/06/15 12:50, Brendan Long wrote:
> > There is a document in progress to describe where “id”, “kind”, etc.
> > come from:
> >
> > http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-sourcing-inband-tracks/
> > https://github.com/w3c/HTMLSourcingInbandTracks
>
> Thanks for the update!
>
> However, it seems like (at least for now) that document deals with
> mapping for different media file formats rather than the real-time
> MediaStreams in scope for my mail.
>
> Do you think MediaStreams will be covered in that document eventually?
> For the time being we're keeping this stuff in the "Media Capture and
> Streams" document.

Either place is fine for me FWIW. I'm more curious about where you source
this information from, though, seeding as e.g. a camera or microphone will
not tell you an id, kind or label. They are semantic constructs that either
the user or the app can provide. So, TBH I don't think it needs
specification.

Cheers,
Silvia.