Re: proposal: have W3C HTML5 reference dated WHATWG URL standard rather than W3C copy

[trimming cc list]

On 09/27/2014 10:19 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:

>  > I don't fully see the value of asking a question of the form "if the
> WebApps Working Group were to do something that they appear to be
> unwilling or unable to do, would you approve of it?"
>  >
> Am I doing that? As I said, looking at the thread it seems like there is
> considerably agreement.  Am I missing it?  Who in the WG is unwilling or
> unable/why - can you clarify?

The best short version remains PLH's statement:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2014Sep/0035.html

I can assure you that if a document like the one you describe were to be
made to exist that it would be included as an option for the Director to
consider.

Longer version: this mailing list (public-html) is for the HTML WG.

This is the current charter for the HTML WG:

http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter

Note that "URL" is not in that charter.

Here is the WebApps charter:

http://www.w3.org/2014/06/webapps-charter.html

Note that "URL" is in that charter.

Here is the latest URL draft published by WebApps:

http://www.w3.org/TR/url/

Note the date on that document (2012).

Here is a statement of intent to publish a new document on 16 September
2014:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JulSep/0492.html

Here is the mailing list for WebApps:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JulSep/