Re: should HTML have a <heading> element?

I think it’s a good idea, but I’ve a question:

If i write

<section>
<heading>
<heading>
</section>

It’s will be rendered like <h1> and <h2> or <h1> and <h1>?

Other thing: Why not use just one tag for all headers levels and set the semantic importance by attribute like this

<heading semantic=“2”>This title is the semantically equal of H2 Element</heading>

If this attribute is used, the browser and Aria will be assumed a header like H2 (in the up example). If not the nested section will be determine the level of heading (H1-H6)

--
Deblyn Prado | Desenvolvedor Web
Phone: +55 (11) 5509-3537