What is (the status of) a 'Group note'

From: Willem-Siebe Spoelstra <info@spoelstra.ws>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 22:47:05 +0200
To: W3C Public HTML <public-html@w3.org>
Hi all,

I'm confused! I trie to understand the meaning and status of the technical
rapport found here: http://www.w3.org/TR/.  Reading this helped me a lot to
understand the levels:
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#maturity-levels.

But I'm still confused about the levels for a 'Group note'. It tells me:

*The maturity levels "Working Draft" and "Working Group Note" represent the
possible initial states of a technical report in the development
process. The maturity levels "Recommendation," "Working Group Note," and
"Rescinded Recommendation" represent the possible end states.*

So the maturity level 'Working Group Note' is indicating a initial state
and the end state. Can somebody explain me that?

And what is exactly 'Group note'? I read:

*A Working Group Note is published by a chartered Working Group to indicate
that work has ended on a particular topic*

Let's take the 'Group note' about HTML Microdata >
http://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/. Why is this a 'Group note' and not a
'Recommendatio'n?

Vriendelijke groet,

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra