Re: Proposal: Provide better advice on constraint validation instructions

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:42:10 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Steve Faulkner, Thu, 14 Mar 2013 16:27:14 +0000:

>> I do hover not trust you on your browser testing. That is to say: You
>> want to fix an interoperability problem, and then it does’t help that
>> it works in an inspector if it doesn't work in browser.
>
> ??? the inspector shows what the browser is exposing via the accessibility
> API in this case the Axhelp property value.

Let's say that description of the AX inspector is true: Still the AX
inspector could have bugs.

My assumption, is that what the browser is exposing via the
accessibility API - to an AX tool - is not necessarily what the user is
getting via the user interface.

> While I prepare an online test that we both can look at, could you give
>> me a hint at what you believe I must have done wrong?
>
> i have no idea.

Meanwhile I have suggested at least one thing you could look at to
verify your interpretation - at the latest in 2 messages ago.[1]

[1]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20130314003355646983.6180c28d@xn--mlform-iua.no

--
leif halvard silli