Re: Proposal: Provide better advice on constraint validation instructions

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:22:21 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Steve Faulkner, Thu, 14 Mar 2013 04:53:45 +0000:

>> If AX inspector is needed, then where s the better advice ... ?
>
> It is not "needed" I used it to check that the text was being exposed
> by the browser correctly. Which it is.

I don't deny it is. I have no reason to not trust you on this.

I do hover not trust you on your browser testing. That is to say: You
want to fix an interoperability problem, and then it does’t help that
it works in an inspector if it doesn't work in browser.

>> Your aria-describedby example fails in released Safari+VoiceOver, in OX
>> 10.7 and 10.8.
>
> Your results are in error I tested in 10.8 and 6.0 release of safari.

While I prepare an online test that we both can look at, could you give
me a hint at what you believe I must have done wrong?

Note that in HTML Working Group terms, Safari 6 is very much a legacy
browser. And that while we have both tested on OS X 10.7 and on 10.8,
in Safari 6, I myself have also tested in Webkit nightly.
--
leif halvard silli