Re: use cases for figure without figcaption?

hi all

drawing your attention to a parallel discussions I have been having over on
whatwg

   - [whatwg] Should a <figure> element require a reference? (was: use
   cases for <figure> without
<figcaption>?)<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0160.html>
    *Xaxio Brandish* *(Friday, 21 June)*
      - Re: [whatwg] Should a <figure> element require a reference? (was:
      use cases for <figure> without
<figcaption>?)<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0175.html>
       *Steve Faulkner* *(Monday, 24 June)*

[whatwg] use cases for <figure> without
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0138.html>
 *Steve Faulkner* *(Thursday, 20 June)*

   - Re: [whatwg] use cases for <figure> without
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0140.html>
    *Xaxio Brandish* *(Thursday, 20 June)*
      - Re: [whatwg] use cases for <figure> without
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0141.html>
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0142.html>
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0143.html>
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0144.html>
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0147.html>
          *Steve Faulkner* *(Thursday, 20 June)*
         - Re: [whatwg] use cases for <figure> without
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0149.html>
          *Martin Janecke* *(Thursday, 20 June)*
         - Re: [whatwg] use cases for <figure> without
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0156.html>
          *Xaxio Brandish* *(Friday, 21 June)*
         - Re: [whatwg] use cases for <figure> without
<figcaption>?<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2013Jun/0157.html>
          *Steve Faulkner* *(Friday, 21 June)*

--

Regards