Re: proposal to explicitly forbid <small> use as subheadings

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 14:23:44 +0200
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Steve Faulkner, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 10:05:52 +0100:

> but we need to decide if the "must not" requirement on use of <small> is an
> appropriate conformance requirement for HTML?

What we discussed with regard to <small>, can be described as an
attempt to *add* - eventually “find” - subheading semantics to <small>.

However, there were no recorded result from the discussion. As such,
Ian’s proposal to explicitly declare <small> as unpermitted for the
purpose of subheadings, should be uncontroversial. It is worth pointing
out that he does not say that small is forbidden as child of h1-h6 - he
only says that it is forbidden for the purpose of subheadings.
--
leif halvard silli