Re: EPUB and XML [was: The non-polyglot elephant in the room]

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:44:16 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org
CC: Bill McCoy <whmccoy@gmail.com>
On 26/01/13 18:44, Bill McCoy wrote:

> situation will evolve over time. There's an increasing number of CMS
> systems that are based on HTML as content rather than custom XML
> formats like DITA or DocBook. If 2 years from now these systems
> prevalently support "tag soup" for articles and other content
> fragments then I think the answer will be clear. If 2 years from now
> these systems prevalently store XHTML because it has led to other
> benefits, that might be another story.

Let me mitigate a bit the above: the Press is not using html internally;
they use XML formats for very good technical reasons. Having discussed
recently with a major european actor of that domain, they're absolutely
not ready to switch from XML to a flavor of html for their sources or
repositories. If they're deeply interested in EPUB to distribute content
and daily or weekly press reviews, a xml serialization of html is for
them a better fit at this time.

</Daniel>