Re: 4.13.1 Bread crumb navigation - use of right angle brackets

The greater sign is a typical breadcrumb sign used on many sites as a
hierarchy indicator, see also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrumb_%28navigation%29 . Having it
announced as "greater" seems appropriate. I found other examples here:
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/breadcrumb-navigation-examined-best-practices-examples/.
Most of the time something arrow-like is being used.

I found no indication of accessibility users complaining about breadcrumbs.
Do you have any indications of such problems? What alternative symbol would
you suggest?

Regards,
Silvia.