RE: Proposed extension to HTML5.1 for rollup captions

> From: Silvia Pfeiffer [mailto:silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com]
>
> I'm looking for feedback on this feature here. If there are no objections
> and sufficient support for these features, I suggest adding them to the
> HTML5.1 specification.

I'm very cautious about immediately merging this feature back into HTML5.1. I believe the best course of action is to keep this feature separate from the HTML5.1 spec (as a stand-alone document) as it allows easier review, as well as time to get consensus and develop the proposal based on feedback.

Given that there is some time elapsed between now and when you can get sufficient support, then I don't object to merging it in. I would prefer to have at least a month or two to have time to gather all the right people together, perform the review, summarize and submit (and have time for you to incorporate any feedback).

Finally, just a quick "thank you" for putting this together. I really like that extension specs are starting to be developed and I want to encourage folks to continue to submit these and get them started as reviewable documents.