Re: use of placeholder as a label for an input

Hi Silvia,

My thoughts are that the placeholder part is well defined, but since people
> may have used "label"  in the past to fulfill the function of @placeholder,
> it may make sense to add a sentence to the <label> section stating when to
> prefer @placeholder over <label>.
>
> However, I'm not overly concerned about this. I think it's a new(ish)
> interface paradigm and people are quickly getting used to it. So, the
> misunderstandings will quickly go away.

I don't wholly share your view that the current advice is sufficient or
that misundertsandings will disappear, for instance the advice on use of
the title attribute to provide a hint is in conflict with best practice and
other advice in the spec about use of title.

I also think that a note about its negative effects upon users with a range
of disibilities would be helpful to authors to make an informed decision
about its use.

I will formulate something and add it to the spec for review.

regards
SteveF