Re: using the data* attribute to identify element sub roles

Hi Robin,

>We made a promise that data-* is an extension point. My understanding is
that we're also committed never to standardise an element or attribute name
with a >dash in it (again, extensibility promise). So it would certainly be
a bad idea to hijack data-* for something we put in the standard.

cool, good to know.

>I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly, but it looks to me like
you'd want a subrole attribute?

sounds like it.

regards
Steve