(unknown charset) Re: Week 4/5: Staged WHATWG patches for HTML5.1 / HTML5.0 CR

From: (unknown charset) Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 07:55:59 +0100
To: (unknown charset) Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: (unknown charset) public-html <public-html@w3.org>
Silvia Pfeiffer, Sun, 3 Feb 2013 17:31:33 +1100:
> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Silvia Pfeiffer, Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:05:00 +1100:
>>> This week the following WHATWG patches up to and inc commit 7679 [1] have
>>> been cherry-picked into the W3C HTML specification (master branch) for
>>> HTML5.1. This takes us to WHATWG patches up to 30th January 2012, i.e. we
>>> are up-to-date.
>> Under 'Common idioms without dedicated elements', the WHATWG spec
>> includes a section on "The main part of the content" which describes
>> various ways to mark up - or not mark up - the main part of the content.
>> Is that section destined to be included?
> It's in the next patch 7680, which I will look at next week:
> https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/67934d61a46c1a2d8f1203ed0084f19f63a18af0
> Are you advocating its inclusion?

Steve suggested I file a bug about <main>, and as I looked into that, I
thought it would be nice to know whether that section would be there or

It makes sense to me. But it is possible htat Ian tries to make it
"pretty": I think that <main> is possible to use in all the examples in
that section. That said, that section don't say one can't either.
Leif H Silli