Re: Week 4/5: Staged WHATWG patches for HTML5.1 / HTML5.0 CR

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Leif Halvard Silli <
xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no> wrote:

> Silvia Pfeiffer, Sun, 3 Feb 2013 17:31:33 +1100:
> > On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> >> Silvia Pfeiffer, Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:05:00 +1100:

> have
> we
> >>
> >> Under 'Common idioms without dedicated elements', the WHATWG spec
> >> includes a section on "The main part of the content" which describes
> >> various ways to mark up - or not mark up - the main part of the content.
> >>

> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/common-idioms.html#the-main-part-of-the-content
> >>
> >> Is that section destined to be included?
> >
> > It's in the next patch 7680, which I will look at next week:
> >
> https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/67934d61a46c1a2d8f1203ed0084f19f63a18af0
> >
> > Are you advocating its inclusion?
>
> Steve suggested I file a bug about <main>, and as I looked into that, I
> thought it would be nice to know whether that section would be there or
> not.
>
> It makes sense to me. But it is possible htat Ian tries to make it
> "pretty": I think that <main> is possible to use in all the examples in
> that section. That said, that section don't say one can't either.

I'm glad you brought it up before I have to make the decision next week. If
there is no major objection, I will just pull it in next week. We can then
make changes on top of that. There is no need to register a bug if that's
all you want.

Thanks,
Silvia.