hgroup to be removed from HTML5, where to from here?

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:21:33 +0100
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
The decision to remove hgroup from the HTML5 spec has been made [1]

Where to from here?

I suggest that we also remove it from HTML 5.1 as it has never had broad
support as defined and there have been a number of proposals[3] and a long
history of debate about it.
Anybody who advocates it can  propose it (as is or with a changed
definition) as an extension spec(s) [2], other extension specs may also be
proposed ( I have a few possibilities :-) )

lets use this opportunity to decide whether:
a) a feature for identifying multiple subheadings, subtitles, taglines or
bylines is actually important enough to add an element to HTML?
b) if its is do we need a different feature or can we fix hgroup?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Apr/0003.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ExtensionSpecifications

   1. *Change Proposal: replace hgroup with the subline element
   2. *Change Proposal: no-change
   ** <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0042.html>*
   3. *Change Proposal: replace hgroup with a simple
   4. *Change Proposal: remove hgroup add an outlineMask
   5. *Change Proposal: Replace <hgroup> with an element that has a simple
   content model and backwards compatibility.

with regards