RE: Mailing Lists (was Re: Evolving AppCache discussions)

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 18:19:38 +0000
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On 14 September 2012 10:28, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> That said, I understand that you are concerned about fragmenting the
> working group. One alternative is that we use the "fix appcache"
> community group that already exists. And which I believe was set up
> with help from W3C staff with the explicit goal of fixing the
> appcache.

This is the thing I'm most worried about. If we decide that everyone has
to see everything then there's a risk we will drive people away to other
groups. I'd prefer that the working group that has responsibility for the
Recommendation-track feature host the discussion.

I spend a lot of time sifting through mail trying not to miss the topics
I'm interested in amongst the ones I'm not. For me, the public-html-media
list has been very successful in reducing this time.

Cheers,

Adrian.