Re: maincontent element

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 00:51:08 +0200
To: Cameron Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com>
Cc: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Cameron Jones, Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:38:14 +0100:

!

> having misused
> high-semantic elements would have greater negative impact than people
> having to use low-semantic elements with or without accessibility
> annotations.

Plain text is safest, in that regard. However, since only one
<maincontent> per page would be allowed, AT would probably ignore them
if they were more than one. Also, I don't know if <maincontent> is as
semantic as for example a <h1>? To me <maincontent> seems like
something that can accompany 'Jump to content' links.

> But i do concede that i should watch the claimed modesty of such
> contrived examples. It all seems beside the point, however.

I made dead serious point.
--
leif halvard silli