Re: WHATWG patches staged for merge week 42

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 15:14:49 -0700
To: public-html@w3.org
Hi Silvia,

> * feature/whatwg_srcset: (held back to allow for extension specs -
> could be used as the basis for one)
> https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/master...feature;whatwg_srcset

In fact, it's already being used for an extension spec.[1] The srcset
attribute extension spec gets built from the w3c-srcset branch of our
spec repository[2]. I regularly merge from both the master and
feature/whatwg_srcset branches into this branch.

This is a pretty straightforward way to create and maintain extension
specs which cover features that are present in the WHATWG HTML spec but
not in the W3C HTML5 spec. If there are other such features people would
like to port into the HTML WG, I'd be happy to help you get set up.

Ted

1. http://dev.w3.org/html5/srcset/
2. https://github.com/w3c/html/tree/w3c-srcset