Re: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-11-15- Actions, CR drafts, FPWD for main, Task Force reports

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:07:33 -0500
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
On 11/16/2012 05:53 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> Hi Chairs,
>
>           mjs: polyglot and alt techniques documents need to have some
>             issues resolved before they move forward
>             ... both have objections re: note- or rec-track
>             ... both documents need custom cr exit criteria
>             ... they consist entirely of author conformance criteria
>             without ua conformance requirements
>             ... hoping the editors will propose cr exit criteria
>             ... we also need cr candidate drafts to be prepared
>

> I think the exit criteria for the alt spec could be based on concepts
> used in wcag 2.0 exit criteria
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/implementation-report/
>
> In the HTML WG meet at TPAC, the chairs present requested that rationale
> for why the spec should be normative or not, be provided (promptly), I
> sent a brief email as requested [1] 2 weeks ago, no response.

If the Formal Objections on this matter[2] are not withdrawn, they will
be forwarded for consideration by the Director as we proceed to CR.  If
they are withdrawn, we will proceed with the Working Group decision
process[3] on this matter.

> regards
> SteveF
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0009.html