W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > November 2012

Re: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-11-15- Actions, CR drafts, FPWD for main, Task Force reports

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:53:24 +0000
Message-ID: <CA+ri+V=5s-LhijLCx_4CjQzJVs2s-y0RXO7YKkdFqZvQStS4fw@mail.gmail.com>
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Hi Chairs,

 mjs: polyglot and alt techniques documents need to have some
>    issues resolved before they move forward
>    ... both have objections re: note- or rec-track
>    ... both documents need custom cr exit criteria
>    ... they consist entirely of author conformance criteria
>    without ua conformance requirements
>    ... hoping the editors will propose cr exit criteria
>    ... we also need cr candidate drafts to be prepared
>

I think the exit criteria for the alt spec could be based on concepts used
in wcag 2.0 exit criteria
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/implementation-report/

In the HTML WG meet at TPAC, the chairs present requested that rationale
for why the spec should be normative or not, be provided (promptly), I sent
a brief email as requested [1] 2 weeks ago, no response.

regards
SteveF

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0009.html


On 15 November 2012 18:26, Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2012, at 8:51 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>
> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-11-15 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.
>
>
> The minutes from this week's meeting are available in HTML here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-minutes.html
>
> or in plain text below.
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                 HTML WG
>
> 15 Nov 2012
>
>    [2]Agenda
>
>       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0013.html
>
>    See also: [3]IRC log
>
>       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           +49.322.110.8.aaaa, +1.415.595.aabb, cabanier, hober,
>           Cynthia_Shelly, krisk, Eliot, jaymunro, edoyle, Barbara,
>           Radhika_Roy, +1.613.287.aacc, MartinSoukup, adrianba
>
>    Regrets
>
>    Chair
>           Maciej
>
>    Scribe
>           hober
>
> Contents
>
>      * [4]Topics
>          1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, November 15
>          2. [6]Calls for Consensus to advance to CR
>          3. [7]Steps for remaining potential CR documents
>          4. [8]Calls for Consensus to advance to FPWD
>          5. [9]Task Force reports
>          6. [10]Testing Task Force
>          7. [11]A11Y Task Force
>          8. [12]Media Task Force
>          9. [13]Other Business
>         10. [14]Scribe for next meeting (in two weeks)
>      * [15]Summary of Action Items
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <mjs> hello WG
>
>    <mjs> Zakin, who is making noise?
>
>    <scribe> ScribeNick: hober
>
> ACTION items due by Thursday, November 15
>
>    action-223?
>
>    <trackbot> ACTION-223 -- Paul Cotton to figure out how
>    extension specs can refer to HTML 5.1 -- due 2012-11-08 -- OPEN
>
>    <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/223
>
>      [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/223
>
>    mjs: paul is on vacation
>
>    action-224?
>
>    <trackbot> ACTION-224 -- Robin Berjon to summarise I18N
>    discussion and bugs, copy public-i18n -- due 2012-11-09 -- OPEN
>
>    <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/224
>
>      [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/224
>
>    hober: robin sent that summary while at tpac
>
>    <mjs> close action-244
>
>    <trackbot> Sorry... closing ACTION-244 failed, please let
>    sysreq know about it
>
>    <mjs> close action 22-4
>
>    <mjs> close action-224
>
>    <trackbot> ACTION-224 Summarise I18N discussion and bugs, copy
>    public-i18n closed
>
> Calls for Consensus to advance to CR
>
>    mjs: the chairs have put out CfCs for htm5, canvas 2d context,
>    and microdata
>    ... useful to have a record of positive responses; if you agree
>    with moving these to cr, please post to that end on the list
>    ... if you have objections, such as the set of at risk features
>    or anything else, please do post those as well
>    ... longer-than-usual CfC period to to Thanksgiving holiday
>
> Steps for remaining potential CR documents
>
>    mjs: polyglot and alt techniques documents need to have some
>    issues resolved before they move forward
>    ... both have objections re: note- or rec-track
>    ... both documents need custom cr exit criteria
>    ... they consist entirely of author conformance criteria
>    without ua conformance requirements
>    ... hoping the editors will propose cr exit criteria
>    ... we also need cr candidate drafts to be prepared
>
> Calls for Consensus to advance to FPWD
>
>    mjs: one out this week, on main element -
>    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/012
>    9.html
>    ... a number of folk have expressed support
>    ... no objections as of yet
>    ... this would define <main> that serves the same role as the
>    corresponding ARIA landmark role
>    ... like the other landmark-like sectioning elements
>    (<article>, etc.)
>
>      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0129.html
>
> Task Force reports
>
> Testing Task Force
>
>    krisk: we haven't met since tpac
>    ... meet again next tuesday
>    ... considering changing the organization of the folders tests
>    live in
>
> A11Y Task Force
>
>    janina_: new leadership and participants
>    ... some time-sensitive work, such as the alt guidance in html5
>    section 4.8
>    ... tf would like to meet with the (html5) editors about this
>    ... chaals took an action item to follow up on this
>    ... re: longdesc, chaals has some edits to make, we will have a
>    tf cfc through the monday following thanksgiving
>    ... bug triage team is trying to clear out the bugs with a11ytf
>    keywords on them
>    ... discussed producing extension specs around issue-194
>
> Media Task Force
>
>    adrianba: not much to report
>    ... haven't met since tpac
>    ... part of one tpac day was spent on the two media specs
>    ... fair amount of pending work from tpac discussion
>    ... tpac discussions were very fruitful and productive
>    ... next meeting is in 2 weeks
>
> Other Business
>
> Scribe for next meeting (in two weeks)
>
>    <adrianba> i can scribe
>
>    cabanier: i can scribe
>
>    mjs: we are adjourned
>
>    RRSAgent: make logs public
>
>    RRSAgent: generate minutes
>
>    RRSAgent: make logs public
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [19]scribe.perl version
>     1.133 ([20]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2012/11/15 18:00:43 $
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>      [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
> Scribe.perl diagnostic output
>
>    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
> This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
> Check for newer version at [21]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
> scribe/
>
>      [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/
>
> Guessing input format: Mirc_Text_Format (score 0.98)
>
> Succeeded: s/the/be/
> Found ScribeNick: hober
> Inferring Scribes: hober
> Default Present: +49.322.110.8.aaaa, +1.415.595.aabb, cabanier, hober, C
> ynthia_Shelly, krisk, Eliot, jaymunro, edoyle, Barbara, Radhika_Roy, +1.
> 613.287.aacc, MartinSoukup, adrianba
> Present: +49.322.110.8.aaaa +1.415.595.aabb cabanier hober Cynthia_Shell
> y krisk Eliot jaymunro edoyle Barbara Radhika_Roy +1.613.287.aacc Martin
> Soukup adrianba
>
> WARNING: No meeting title found!
> You should specify the meeting title like this:
> <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting
>
> Agenda: [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/
> 2012OctDec/0013.html
>
>      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0013.html
>
> WARNING: No meeting chair found!
> You should specify the meeting chair like this:
> <dbooth> Chair: dbooth
>
> Got date from IRC log name: 15 Nov 2012
> Guessing minutes URL: [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-minutes.h
> tml
> People with action items:
>
>      [23] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/15-html-wg-minutes.html
>
>
>    End of [24]scribe.perl diagnostic output]
>
>      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>
>
>

<http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/wat-ie-about.html>
Received on Friday, 16 November 2012 10:54:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:35 UTC