W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > March 2012

Re: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-22

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:34:40 -0600
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+dydH8Gi+oXixpZjG7zfQk+=k6d2WpKUCsNsRpfYVJ5Qg@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: HTML WG LIST <public-html@w3.org>
s/UNKNOWN_SPEAKER/janina/

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> Draft minutes are at http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-html-wg-minutes.html.
> Text version follows:
>
>
>
>                                - DRAFT -
>
>                        HTML Weekly Teleconference
>
> 22 Mar 2012
>
>    [2]Agenda
>
>       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0027.html
>
>    See also: [3]IRC log
>
>       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-html-wg-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           glenn, eliot, hober, Sam, +1.415.832.aaaa, krisk, paulc,
>           Judy, [Microsoft], adrianba, Cynthia_Shelly, tantek
>
>    Chair
>           sam (rubys)
>
>    Scribe
>           glenn
>
> Contents
>
>      * [4]Topics
>          1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, March 22
>          2. [6]New Issues This Week
>          3. [7]Items Closed Last Week
>          4. [8]Items Closing This Week
>          5. [9]Items Closing Next Week
>          6. [10]New Calls this week
>          7. [11]New Surveys this week
>          8. [12]Decisions this week
>          9. [13]Task Force Reports
>         10. [14]Other Business
>         11. [15]Scribe for next meeting
>         12. [16]Adjournment
>      * [17]Summary of Action Items
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <trackbot> Date: 22 March 2012
>
>    <tantek> greetings
>
>    morning
>
>    <scribe> Scribe: glenn
>
>    <tantek> now that is hilarious
>
>    i guess i should talk to myself at this point ... ;)
>
>    <rubys> trackbot, start meeting
>
>    <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
>
>    <trackbot> Date: 22 March 2012
>
>    <scribe> Chair: rubys
>
>    <scribe> Scribe: glenn
>
>    <scribe> Agenda:
>    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
>    /2012JanMar/0027.html
>
>      [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0027.html
>
> ACTION items due by Thursday, March 22
>
>    None
>
> New Issues This Week
>
>    None
>
> Items Closed Last Week
>
>    ISSUE-187: validity-stability, Agree/Disagree to Amicable
>    Resolution closed Mar 13
>
>    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/022
>    5.html
>
>      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0225.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-187 Document conformance has to be stable over
>    the time notes added
>
>    rubys: no objections
>
>    ISSUE-80 was incorrectly included
>
>    <rubys>
>    [20]http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-080
>
>      [20] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-080
>
>    ISSUE-131: caret-location-API, Call for Counter Proposals
>    closed Mar 14
>
>    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/020
>    9.html
>
>      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0209.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-131 Should we add a caret location API to
>    canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? notes added
>
>    ISSUE-158: object-content-model, Call for Counter Proposals
>    closes Mar 14
>
>    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/019
>    8.html
>
>      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0198.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-158 HTML4's content-model for <object> should
>    continue notes added
>
>    ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas, Call for Counter Proposals
>    closed Mar 14
>
>    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/020
>    8.html
>
>      [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0208.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-205 Define what author guidance and/or methods
>    should be provided to those that wish to create accessible text
>    editors using canvas as a rendering surface. notes added
>
>    ISSUE-179: av_param, Agree/Disagree to Amicable Resolution
>    closed Mar 15
>
>    [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/027
>    7.html
>
>      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0277.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-179 {audio,video} require param child (or
>    equivalent) notes added
>
> Items Closing This Week
>
>    ISSUE-193: inaccessible-example, Call for Counter Proposals
>    closes Mar 21
>
>    [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/026
>    4.html
>
>      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0264.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-193 Remove CSS example that promotes
>    inaccessible content notes added
>
>    rubys: will go to CfC shortly
>
>    ISSUE-194: full-transcript, Call for Counter Proposals closes
>    Mar 21
>
>    [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/026
>    6.html
>
>      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0266.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-194 Provide a mechanism for associating a full
>    transcript with an audio or video element. notes added
>
>    rubys: have two extension requests
>
>    ISSUE-195: form-http-req, Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar
>    21
>
>    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/026
>    3.html
>
>      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0263.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-195 Enhance http request generation from forms
>    notes added
>
>    rubys: two proposals, chairs will evaluate
>
>    ISSUE-196: ua-http-resp-handling, Call for Counter Proposals
>    closes Mar 21
>
>    [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/026
>    8.html
>
>      [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0268.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-196 Define user agent http response handling
>    behaviour notes added
>
>    rubys: no counters, next step CfC
>
>    ISSUE-197: accept-file-ext, Call for Counter Proposals closes
>    Mar 21
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-197 Accept attribute should allow file
>    extensions in addition to the current allowed values notes
>    added
>
>    [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/026
>    5.html
>
>      [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0265.html
>
>    ISSUE-199: aria-processing, Call for Counter Proposals closes
>    Mar 21
>
>    [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/026
>    9.html
>
>      [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0269.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-199 Define complete processing requirements
>    for ARIA attributes notes added
>
>    rubys: will evaluate
>
>    ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback, Call for Counter Proposals closes
>    Mar 21
>
>    [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/026
>    7.html
>
>      [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0267.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-201 Provide canvas location and hit testing
>    capability to fallback content notes added
>
>    rubys: has ext request
>
>    ISSUE-190: coding-example, Call for Consensus closes Mar 23
>
>    [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/046
>    3.html
>
>      [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0463.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-190 Replace poor coding example for figure
>    with multiple images notes added
>
>    rubys: CfC closes tomorrow
>
> Items Closing Next Week
>
>    ISSUE-80: title-alternative, Call for Consensus closes Mar 28
>
>    [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/060
>    3.html
>
>      [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0603.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-80 document conformance and device dependent
>    display of title attribute content notes added
>
>    ISSUE-134: tab-states, Revise Change Proposals closes Mar 28
>
>    [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/054
>    7.html
>
>      [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0547.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-134 Provide tablist and tab states for menu
>    and command elements respectively notes added
>
>    ISSUE-191: ins-del, Revise Change Proposals closes Mar 28
>
>    [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/012
>    8.html
>
>      [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0128.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-191 Replace/complement <ins> and <del>
>    elements by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution
>    notes added
>
>    ISSUE-200: legend-placement, Call for Counter Proposals closes
>    Mar 28
>
>    [36]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/046
>    6.html
>
>      [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0466.html
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-200 Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in
>    non-FIELDSET elements notes added
>
> New Calls this week
>
>    None
>
>    rubys: double checking...
>    ... two issued
>    ... that weren't in agenda
>
>    <rubys>
>    [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/060
>    2.html
>
>      [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0602.html
>
>    ISSUE-204?
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule
>    that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open
>
>    <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204
>
>      [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204
>
>    rubys: call for alternate CPs or counter CPs
>
>    <rubys>
>    [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/060
>    3.html
>
>      [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0603.html
>
>    ISSUE-80?
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-80 -- document conformance and device
>    dependent display of title attribute content -- open
>
>    <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80
>
>      [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80
>
>    rubys: CfC
>
> New Surveys this week
>
>    None
>
> Decisions this week
>
>    Close ISSUE-170 rel-uri-valid by Amicable Resolution
>
>    [41]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/055
>    3.html
>
>      [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0553.html
>
>    Close ISSUE-179 av_param by Amicable Resolution
>
>    [42]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/055
>    4.html
>
>      [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0554.html
>
>    Close ISSUE-182 footnote-recommendation by Amicable Resolution
>
>    [43]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/055
>    5.html
>
>      [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0555.html
>
>    Close ISSUE-187 validity-stability by Amicable Resolution
>
>    [44]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/055
>    6.html
>
>      [44] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0556.html
>
>    Close ISSUE-188: generic-track-format by Amicable Resolution
>
>    [45]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/055
>    7.html
>
>      [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0557.html
>
>    Close ISSUE-192 title-attribute by Amicable Resolution
>
>    [46]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/055
>    8.html
>
>      [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0558.html
>
>    rubys: questions or comments?
>
> Task Force Reports
>
>    Testing Task Force
>
>    krisk: met last week, will meet again on 27th
>
>    <krisk> Notes ->
>    [47]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2
>    012Mar/0005.html
>
>      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Mar/0005.html
>
>    krisk: won't fix bug that existed
>
>    <krisk>
>    [48]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15042
>
>      [48] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15042
>
>    krisk: canvas tests, listed in notes
>
>    <krisk> Microsoft submitting some Progress and Range Tests
>
>    rubys: questions?
>
>    Accessibility Task Force
>
>    janina: two main items
>
>    <scribe> ... new canvas section coming from editor
>
>    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: not everything is clear, but one thing is
>    clear: straying into approaches inconsistent with html5 time
>    line
>    ... at least for good a11y support
>    ... so this is a concern
>    ... second avenue, aria attribute (ARIA 1.1) draft...
>    ... like longdesc (ISSUE-30)
>    ... summarize as some people still want to develop longdesc
>    ... the describe-at attr should apply to more elements than img
>    ... aimed at markup, not just html
>    ... e.g. svg
>    ... not quite settled
>    ... maybe 'obsolete but conforming' is acceptable
>    ... a11y still thinks longdesc is needed today
>    ... longdesc is implemented, but inconsistently
>    ... that's it for now
>
>    rubys: doesn't believe current proposals describe longdesc as
>    obsolete but conforming
>
>    janina: correct
>
>    rubys: may need new CP or modification
>
>    janina: expects laura is not in favor of "that"
>    ... can beef up proposals
>
>    <Judy> s/"that"/obsolete but conforming
>
>    janina: not to fix described-by but fix ?
>    ... come up with other additional attribute
>
>    <Judy> s/"that?"/obsolete but conforming/
>
>    janina: thinks current CP covers problem with described-by
>
>    rubys: questions? comments?
>
>    judy: side note: janina has coord request with Paul, but trying
>    to schedule
>
>    paulc: glad to try
>
>    rubys: other questions? comments?
>
> Other Business
>
>    CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs
>
>    [49]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/024
>    7.html
>
>      [49] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Feb/0247.html
>
>    Revert request r7023
>
>    [50]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/049
>    1.html
>
>      [50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0491.html
>
>    rubys: extension request, chairs trying to sort out
>
>    F2F registration page
>
>    [51]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/048
>    8.html
>
>      [51] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0488.html
>
>    rubys: everybody should register
>    ... AOB?
>
>    adrianba: ISSUE-180?
>
>    ISSUE-180?
>
>    <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox
>    -- open
>
>    <trackbot> [52]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180
>
>      [52] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180
>
>    <adrianba>
>    [53]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/051
>    1.html
>
>      [53] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Mar/0511.html
>
>    scribe: unable to implement decision due to lack of information
>    ... CP should have all details
>    ... no feedback stating otherwise
>    ... wonders about status of this work
>
>    rubys: not yet applied to spec
>    ... knows of no specific request for clarification, etc.
>
> Scribe for next meeting
>
>    paulc: will be chairing
>
>    rubys: is ted available for next meeting?
>
>    ted: yes
>    ... volunteers for next meeting
>
> Adjournment
>
>    adjourned
>
>    trackbot, end meeting
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [54]scribe.perl version
>     1.136 ( [55]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2012/03/22 16:25:16 $
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>      [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [55] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
> Scribe.perl diagnostic output
>
>    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
> This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
> Check for newer version at
> [56]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/
>
>      [56] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/
>
> Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)
>
> Succeeded: s/27h/27th/
> Succeeded: s/janina?/janina/
> Succeeded: s/proposal/draft/
> FAILED: s/"that"/obsolete but conforming/
> Succeeded: s/?//
> FAILED: s/"that?"/obsolete but conforming/
> Found Scribe: glenn
> Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
> Found Scribe: glenn
> Inferring ScribeNick: glenn
> Default Present: glenn, eliot, hober, Sam, +1.415.832.aaaa, krisk, paul
> c, Judy, [Microsoft], adrianba, Cynthia_Shelly, tantek
> Present: glenn eliot hober Sam +1.415.832.aaaa krisk paulc Judy [Micros
> oft] adrianba Cynthia_Shelly tantek
> Agenda:
> [57]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012Jan
> Mar/0027.html <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0027.html>
> Found Date: 22 Mar 2012
> Guessing minutes URL:
> [58]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-html-wg-minutes.html
> People with action items:
>
>      [57] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JanMar/0027.html
>      [58] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-html-wg-minutes.html
>
>
>    End of [59]scribe.perl diagnostic output]
>
>      [59] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>
>
>
>
>
Received on Thursday, 22 March 2012 16:35:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:31 UTC