Re: ISSUE-195: form-http-req - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 23:55:53 +0100
To: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org
On 2012-03-21 23:47, Edward O'Connor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maciej wrote, on behalf of the chairs:
>
>> 'Enhance http request generation from forms'
>> The current status for this issue:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-195
>>
>> So far, we have one Change Proposal submitted:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Cjones/ISSUE-195
>>
>> At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit additional Change
>> Proposals (possibly with "zero edits" as the Proposal Details), in case
>> anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a different change than
>> the specific one in the existing Change Proposals.
>
> Please consider this zero edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-195:
>
>           http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/User:Eoconnor/ISSUE-195

I'm with you with many things you write, except for:

"A solicitation of UA implementor interest from the Editor has gone
unanswered for a month. Moreover, the spec allowed PUT and DELETE in
<form method> for years. They were dropped for lack of implementor
interest."

Actually, they were dropped because they *were* implemented
(incorrectly) in FF and about to ship in FF4, thus making it hard to get
it right after-the-fact.

Best regards, Julian