Re: ISSUE-195: form-http-req - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

Hi Julian,

You wrote:

> I'm with you with many things you write, except for:
>
> "A solicitation of UA implementor interest from the Editor has gone
> unanswered for a month. Moreover, the spec allowed PUT and DELETE in
> <form method> for years. They were dropped for lack of implementor
> interest."
>
> Actually, they were dropped because they *were* implemented
> (incorrectly) in FF and about to ship in FF4, thus making it hard to get
> it right after-the-fact.

Thanks for the correction! I've updated the CP accordingly, I think. Did
they actually ship this feature in FF4, or was it dropped right before
the FF4 release? My update takes the latter reading of your messsage.
Please let me know if I've misinterpreted you.

Thanks again,
Ted