Re: Encrypted Media proposal

From: John C. Vernaleo <john@netpurgatory.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 15:13:36 -0500 (EST)
To: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "<public-html@w3.org>" <public-html@w3.org>

> I believe Netflix is supported on most Internet-capable TVs. We'd obviously like it to be all. Hence the proposal.

I realize this falls into anecdote, not data, but I've yet to use an
internet-capable TV (or blue ray player) that has a working Netflix
client.  Every one I've used has a Netflix client built in, but sadly,
that is not the same as having a working one (and I'm defining working as
letting me log into Netflix and playing a movie).