Re: Issue 31c: Meta generator

The Chairs have reviewed the latest reopen request change proposal regarding ISSUE-31c meta-generator at <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Issue31cMetaGeneratorUpdated>.

We find that the section '"Legacy use" of meta generator is never likely to be supplanted by use conforming to the current spec text (new)', as supplemented by other materials it links, provides material new information. It identifies specific tools that are not, by any conception, WYSIWYG editors, but rather are processing tools for hand-authored content. Such tools emit meta generator and seem unlikely to remove it. This is information that would likely have materially affected the decision. We therefore reopen this face of ISSUE-31 as new ISSUE-206.

The new issue can be found here:
<https://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206>

Regards,
Maciej